NEW YORK – November 10, 2010 –Univision Interactive Media, Inc., the digital division of Univision Communications Inc., the leading Spanish-language media company in the United States, announced today that once again, it is providing Hispanic music fans with the network’s official website for the 11th Annual Latin GRAMMY® Awards telecast. Available online and on mobile at http://www.univisionmusica.com/, the site features continuous, unique coverage of the November 11th event, including behind-the-scenes specials and exclusives from Latin GRAMMY® nominees and performers.
“Our music site is already uniquely engaging Hispanic music fans with hundreds of artist pages, the latest releases across genres, exclusive photos, a song lyrics tool, music videos, new original programming, and access to listen to more than 40 Univision Radio stations,” said Kevin Conroy, president, Univision Interactive Media. “With its comprehensive coverage of this extremely popular event, our music site is providing Hispanics with all-access interactivity to their favorite Latin GRAMMY®-nominated artists, behind-the-scenes content not seen on-air, and more social media coverage than ever before.”
Leading up to the event, UnivisionMusica.com is connecting fans to their favorite Latin GRAMMY®-nominated artists through:
· Tú Preguntas (You Ask), where fans pose questions for their favorite artists to answer throughout Latin GRAMMY® week. Participating artists include Nelly Furtado, Jenni Rivera, Chino y Nacho, Aleks Syntek, Recodo, Prince Royce, Shaíla Dúrcal, Angélica Vale, Gilberto Santa Rosa and Kany García, among others;
· An exclusive online performance by nominee Prince Royce, as part of Univision In Studio — a series of intimate, originally produced music sessions with top artists and up-and-coming performers;
· Video blog by nominee Tito El Bambino, where users can suggest the topics he blogs on;
· For the first time ever, fans can download songs from Latin GRAMMY®-nominated artists with one-click access to iTunes artist pages;
· In-depth profile, interviews and video of 2010 Latin Person of the Year Plácido Domingo;
· Social networking profiles on Mi Página, including Latin GRAMMY®-nominated artists Nelly Furtado, Juan Luis Guerra, Enrique Iglesias, Jenni Rivera and more; and
· Extensive nominee profiles and interviews not shown on TV.
During the show, fans will receive breaking news, photos and alerts directly from the event on UnivisionMusica.com. Plus, social media fans will get real-time UnivisionMusica.com updates on:
· Mi Página www.mipagina.univision.com/lgrammy,
· Fórums http://musica.univision.com/comunidad,
· Facebook www.facebook.com/UnivisionMusica, and
· Twitter www.twitter.com/UnivisionMusica.
Immediately after the event, fans can see the winners list online or on their mobile phones and relive the best moments of the night online or on the Univision Video App for Smartphones. Plus, they will vote in the ever popular green carpet feature for most elegant and most extravagant.
The 11th Annual Latin GRAMMY® Awards will air live November 11th on the Univision Network from 8–11 p.m. ET/PT (7 p.m. Central), directly from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.
About Univision Interactive Media, Inc.
Univision Interactive Media, Inc. is the digital division of Univision Communications Inc., the premier Spanish-language media company in the United States. Univision Interactive Media, Inc. owns and operates a network of 18 national and 70 local online and mobile sites, including Univision.com, the country’s leading Spanish-language online publisher that features comprehensive entertainment, news and information, and that continues to be the #1 most-visited Spanish-language website among U.S. online Hispanics; Univision Móvil, a longstanding industry-leader serving the ever-growing mobile Hispanic segment with unique, relevant mobile products and services, as well as exclusive on-the-go integrations with top Univision shows; and Univision Partner Group, a specialized advertising and publisher network comprised of high quality Spanish-language publishers. Univision Communications Inc. also owns and operates Univision Network, the most-watched Spanish-language broadcast television network in the U.S. reaching 95% of U.S. Hispanic Households; TeleFutura Network, a general-interest Spanish-language broadcast television network, which was launched in 2002 and now reaches 85% of U.S. Hispanic Households; Galavisión, the country’s leading Spanish-language cable network; Univision Studios, which produces and co-produces telenovelas, reality shows, dramatic series and other programming formats for all of the Company’s platforms; Univision Television Group, which owns and operates 62 television stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico; Univision Radio, the leading Spanish-language radio group which owns and/or operates 68 radio stations in 16 of the top 25 U.S. Hispanic markets and 5 stations in Puerto Rico. Univision Communications also has a 50% interest in TuTv, a joint venture formed to broadcast Televisa’s pay television channels in the U.S. Univision Communications has television network operations in Miami and television and radio stations and sales offices in major cities throughout the United States.
For more information, please visit http://www.univision.net/.